How the Payment feature works
Taking payment through chat allows you to capture bookings when staff are chatting and the conversation gets to a point the customer is ready to book. We have seen customers put credit card details through chat (not secure!), so we built this to enable you to take payments securely.
Without the ability to take payment through chat, the alternatives are:
- Take the booking with no deposit.
- Ask the customer to call you and read out credit card details over the phone. However, some customers don't want to call or pass out credit card information over the phone.
- Give the customers a link to the booking system and hope they don’t get distracted and actually follow through with it.
The feature is not linked to your booking system. It’s designed to mimic getting credit card payment over the phone, because we don’t want to see credit card details shared on chat!
How it works
The fine print
- Stripe charges standard credit card fees. Note that pricing is not something we can influence or control. Please see Stripe for current pricing information: https://stripe.com/nz/pricing.
- Yonder takes no fee.
- Manage all charges from your Stripe account, in case you need to refund or cancel.
How to set-up
- Go to settings and follow the "Stripe" integration.
- You'll be asked to log in to Stripe and approve Yonder to take payments on your behalf.
- Then you're all set-up.